Third Quarter Wrap: Celtics – Cavs
|05.11.10 at 10:14 pm ET|
Rajon Rondo exploded for 12 points in the third quarter to give the Celtics a 17-point lead heading into the fourth quarter. The C’s came out halftime on a 6-0 run led by a pair of Ray Allen 3-pointers, and continued on a 23-8 stretch.
LeBron James scored his first field goal of the game off of a fast break dunk. He continues to struggle, shooting 2-for-11 from the floor (12 points overall).
Ray Allen leads all players with 22 points (5-8 3PG) and Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce are tied with 16 points. Shaquille O’Neal is the Cavs’ leading scorer with 13 points. The Celtics are outshooting the Cavaliers, 49.2 percent to 39.6 percent.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?