Big Baby won’t look back at ‘Shovegate’
|05.14.10 at 9:20 pm ET|
On Sunday, he will return to Amway Arena for the Celtics Conference Finals matchup against the Magic, and he isn’t looking back.
‘I’m not worried about that,’ he said. ‘I’ve been back during the year. It is what it is, but just play the game. Everything happens for a reason. Mistakes happen.’
The incident (sensationalized as ‘Shovegate’) prompted the boy’s father to email the NBA league office and demand an apology from Davis. But Davis has said all along that the bump was caused by game-winning excitement, not intentional harm. Even though the father dropped his complaint, the incident still tarnished Davis’ reputation in Orlando.
The jeers don’t bother Davis, though, especially if they come as a result of a winning performance.
‘Everybody gives me a couple of boos here and there, but I don’t mind that,’ he said. ‘I love it. It means I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason