Big Baby won’t look back at ‘Shovegate’
|05.14.10 at 9:20 pm ET|
On Sunday, he will return to Amway Arena for the Celtics Conference Finals matchup against the Magic, and he isn’t looking back.
‘I’m not worried about that,’ he said. ‘I’ve been back during the year. It is what it is, but just play the game. Everything happens for a reason. Mistakes happen.’
The incident (sensationalized as ‘Shovegate’) prompted the boy’s father to email the NBA league office and demand an apology from Davis. But Davis has said all along that the bump was caused by game-winning excitement, not intentional harm. Even though the father dropped his complaint, the incident still tarnished Davis’ reputation in Orlando.
The jeers don’t bother Davis, though, especially if they come as a result of a winning performance.
‘Everybody gives me a couple of boos here and there, but I don’t mind that,’ he said. ‘I love it. It means I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...