Halftime Wrap: Celtics-Magic
|05.16.10 at 4:49 pm ET|
It is fitting that a game featuring a pair of first team All-Defensive players would be a low-scoring duel.
The Celtics lead the Magic, 41-32, at halftime.
Neither team shot the ball well in the first quarter, combining for just 36 points. The Celtics took a 22-14 lead after shooting 37 percent compared to 20 percent by the Magic. Ray Allen led all players with 8 points while Pierce added seven in just eight minutes (he was sidelined with two early fouls). Dwight Howard led the Magic with six points, although the C’s defense forced him to shoot 1-for-5 from the field. In spite of five boards from Howard, the Celtics had a more balanced attack on the glass. The outrebounded the Magic, 16-10, behind five boards from Kevin Garnett, four from Ray Allen, and three from Rajon Rondo.
The Celtics went on a 7-0 run at the start of the second quarter to push the lead up to 15, 29-14. The Magic got back in the game, though, as Marcin Gortat provided a spark off the bench in place of Howard. He got to the basket with ease and scored six points in three minutes. The Magic cut the deficit to 33-24 before Ray Allen and Tony Allen pushed the C’s lead back up to 41-32.
Ray Allen leads all players with 12 points at halftime. After shooting 84 percent in the Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Hawks, Howard is 1-for-5 from the floor. Vince Carter has 10 points for the Magic, who are 0-for-9 from 3-point range. The C’s have a 24-21 advantage on the boards.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...