Doc on alert for letdown
|05.18.10 at 7:55 pm ET|
ORLANDO — It has been suggested that the Celtics should be thrilled to go back to Boston with a split, which they have already earned with their Game 1 victory. That’s not their mindset, obviously, but that doesn’t mean that Doc Rivers isn’t aware of the possibility.
“You can talk about it, but you don’t know until the game starts,” Rivers said prior to Game 2. “You’ll know early, at least I will. That doesn’t mean you can’t try to get them out of it during the game, if possible. But it something that is always on your mind of you win a game or a couple of games because it is human nature. That’s something we all fight.”
The Celtics haven’t always handled prosperity well this season. They have won four straight games in the playoffs and they only had two such streaks since mid-December. But this is obviously a whole new set of circumstances.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...