Daniels’ stepfather arrested, tasered at Game 2
|05.19.10 at 8:44 pm ET|
Willie L. Buie, 55, was charged with resisting arrest with violence.
Police reports indicate that officers responded to a disturbance in Section 106-107 around 10:55 p.m. The officers tried to remove Buie from his seat, but Buie refused. With the help of several more officers Buie was finally removed from the arena and into a security area.
Buie, however, continued to resist arrest, keeping his hands under his body and refusing to be handcuffed. At that point an officer took his Taser and shot Buie in the back, a hit of electricity that lasted five seconds, according to reports. Following the Taser shot Buie put his hands behind his back and was handcuffed.
Buie reportedly has a long criminal history, including an arrest for second-degree murder. He served 11 years in prison and was released in 1989.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?