|Daniels’ stepfather arrested, tasered at Game 2||05.19.10 at 8:44 pm ET|
The stepfather of Celtics guard Marquis Daniels was subdued by a Taser gun and arrested during Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals at Amway Arena on Tuesday.
Willie L. Buie, 55, was charged with resisting arrest with violence.
Police reports indicate that officers responded to a disturbance in Section 106-107 around 10:55 p.m. The officers tried to remove Buie from his seat, but Buie refused. With the help of several more officers Buie was finally removed from the arena and into a security area.
Buie, however, continued to resist arrest, keeping his hands under his body and refusing to be handcuffed. At that point an officer took his Taser and shot Buie in the back, a hit of electricity that lasted five seconds, according to reports. Following the Taser shot Buie put his hands behind his back and was handcuffed.
Buie reportedly has a long criminal history, including an arrest for second-degree murder. He served 11 years in prison and was released in 1989.
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Mason Plumlee
- NBA Draft Lottery: Cleveland Cavs get top pick, Washington Wizards move...
- The Pelicans rumor: Paul Pierce and Avery Bradley for Eric Gordon
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/21
- Terrence Williams tweets - thanks people for support
- Terrence Williams future with Boston Celtics in doubt
- Terrence Williams bail set at $25,000