Celtics on message
|05.20.10 at 1:58 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Say this for the Celtics, they are on point with their message.
This was Doc Rivers speaking to reporters before the team conducted practice Thursday:
“Each game is a single game. That’s what we talk about. That’s been our speech through the playoffs. We’ve yet to beat Orlando on our home floor this year and that’s something we have to focus on.”
This was Kendrick Perkins about two minutes later:
“We’ve got to come home and take care of home They’re undefeated when they play us at home. They beat us both times in the regular season. This first game is going to be the most important game.”
Rivers has been pushing all the right buttons with his team during the playoffs, both in terms of on-court maneuvering and off-court messaging and in this case the message is crystal clear: Orlando beat us two times at home during the regular season and we haven’t done anything yet.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason