Pierce happy Superman not grounded
|05.20.10 at 2:56 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Paul Pierce said he was happy to hear that Dwight Howard was not getting suspended for Game 3 after his flagrant 1 foul in the second quarter of Game 2 that resulted in a pair of scratch marks on Pierce’s forehead above his left eye.
“My reaction to him not getting suspended is a good reaction because we want the team’s best,” Pierce said. “In order to be the best, you want to get their best. If they lose Dwight Howard, obviously they’re still a good team but that’s not the best team they put on the floor. We just want their best.”
The NBA announced Wednesday that Howard would not be disciplined for the hard foul that resulted in Pierce hitting the deck hard just before halftime on Tuesday night.
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning