|Pierce happy Superman not grounded||05.20.10 at 2:56 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Paul Pierce said he was happy to hear that Dwight Howard was not getting suspended for Game 3 after his flagrant 1 foul in the second quarter of Game 2 that resulted in a pair of scratch marks on Pierce’s forehead above his left eye.
“My reaction to him not getting suspended is a good reaction because we want the team’s best,” Pierce said. “In order to be the best, you want to get their best. If they lose Dwight Howard, obviously they’re still a good team but that’s not the best team they put on the floor. We just want their best.”
The NBA announced Wednesday that Howard would not be disciplined for the hard foul that resulted in Pierce hitting the deck hard just before halftime on Tuesday night.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/24
- Celtics deny Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers
- Wyc Grousbeck: "I don't know what will happen"
- Jared Sullinger on the comeback trail
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/23
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed