Perk gets seventh technical, could face suspension
|05.26.10 at 10:04 pm ET|
ORLANDO — Kendrick Perkins received two technical fouls in the first half of Game 5 against the Magic and was ejected. Perkins now has been called for seven technical fouls during the playoffs, which by rule is an automatic one-game suspension. The NBA does review technical fouls and could rescind one of the two that he was assigned in Game 5.
Perkins received a double technical earlier in the game along with Marcin Gortat and then got his second from official Eddie F. Rush after he argued a foul call and then ran down the court.
“We have a lot of guys who are closer to the number, we’re more concerned with them,” Rivers said. “I actually don’t like the rule, the suspension. I just don’t like it. I think the longer you are in the playoffs the more likely it’s going to affect your team. I think the fans want to see the best players on the floor. I just don’t agree with the whole suspension thing.”
Rivers said that he has talked to Perkins about his technicals and he also raised an interesting issue regarding double technicals.
“It’s the double tech thing that has to be resolved,” Rivers said. “Sometimes the officials are just trying to clean the game up and an easy way to do it is give both guys techs and calm the game down. To me, those are the ones that we have to figure out a better way.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...