|Rondo brushes off injury talk||05.26.10 at 6:30 pm ET|
ORLANDO — As he did after Game 4, Rajon Rondo dismissed talk that he was dealing with any kind of a serious injury. “I’m feeling better,” he said before the team’s shootaround. “I’m fine. Nothing to worry about. I’ll be playing.”
The team said that Rondo had a muscle spasm during Game 4, but Rondo refused to use that as an excuse after he scored just nine points, to go with eight assists, while Jameer Nelson scored 23 points in the Magic’s win. “I’ve just got to play better,” he said after the game.
The Magic used Nelson on a variation on their high pick and roll by having Rashard Lewis set a screen that led into another screen with Dwight Howard. Nelson repeatedly got into the lane against the Celtics and had nine assists. He also was able to get Howard several dunks on lobs once the defense committed.
The Celtics will have to come up with a counter to that for Game 5 and it will have to start with a healthy Rondo.
- In honor of Gino Time!
- What would next year's Celtics look like?
- Celtics and Clippers still talking, still unable to agree upon a deal...
- DeAndre Jordan scouting report via Clips Nation
- Rumor: Celtics and Clippers back to negotiating Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/17
- How about a three way trade? Sorting out the Celtics, Clippers stalemate