|LA Times removes Pierce stabbing post||05.31.10 at 12:10 pm ET|
Guest columnist Ted Green wrote on Sunday, in a blog post for The Los Angeles Times, a list of reasons to hate the Celtics. In the post, he suggested that Paul Pierce’s “idea of a fun night is going clubbing and getting stabbed. Good times!”
In 2000, Pierce was stabbed 11 times in his neck, back and face. He was rushed to New England Medical Center, where lung surgery was needed. William Ragland was convicted of assault and battery in the stabbing and sentenced to 7-10 years in prison, while Trevor Watson was given a one-year sentence.
The blog post was removed by the LA Times around noon EST, although it remained on the website of Green’s current employer, television station KTLA. WEEI.com attempted to contact both Green (who is apparently a freelance writer) and LA Times sports editor Mike James but did not receive a response.
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot