About that 47-0 stat
|06.04.10 at 2:48 am ET|
LOS ANGELES — Phil Jackson coached teams, as you may have heard, have never lost a series when his team won the first game. The number is 47-0 and it’s been getting a lot of play around here.
Ray Allen was unimpressed.
“Nothing,” was his answer to a question about what it meant to him. “Stats are made after the fact. Most of us don’t live in the past.”
It really doesn’t mean anything, other than Jackson has coached some pretty good teams. The Celtics have been bucking the odds the entire postseason.
They beat the hottest team in the league in the first round. They beat Cleveland after being down 1-0 and 2-1 and they took two games in Orlando after the Magic had not lost a game at all since early April.
Their entire playoff run has been something of an anomaly anyway, so no, they are not intimidated by this piece of historical data.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?