NH man walking to NY for Celtics tickets
|06.04.10 at 12:58 pm ET|
A New Hampshire man is making news for accepting a challenge to walk from Boston to New York City for second-row seats to Games 3, 4 and 5 of the NBA finals. Tyler McGill of Rye, N.H., was given a week to finish the walk.
“Basically, two of my buddies got three seats to all of the Celtics home games in the finals,” McGill told Seacoastonline.com. “All I had to do was ask, ‘What would it take to get me all of those tickets?’ They said, ‘Walk from the Garden to New York City and we’ll get you to all the games.’ ”
After one false start Tuesday night that was curtailed after eight miles due to rain, the 27-year-old regrouped and began on his 200-plus-mile journey Wednesday morning. He reported that he was allowed to nap at Town Hall in Sherborn and was given a reflective vest by police, who made him promise to wear the vest to Game 3 at TD Garden.
“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” he said. “I hate walking. I’m basically walking a marathon and a 10K every day.”
McGill sends pictures from his cell phone to keep his friends updated on his trek.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason