The story behind Big Baby’s ear plugs
|06.04.10 at 9:03 pm ET|
But it wasn’t to block out the jeers of the Lakers fans sitting behind the Celtics bench — ‘Fans are fans ‘¦ Everyone feels like they can joke on me,’ he said before practice on Friday. It was to block out loud noises, a cause of aggravation since suffering a concussion in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
The earplugs worked. Well, after Davis made a minor adjustment.
‘You know what’s so funny?’ he said. ‘I didn’t think they worked well at first, but then Rasheed (Wallace) was like, ‘Turn them around,’ because I had them stuck in my ear the wrong way.’
Davis removed the ear plugs when he played, but said he gets into a zone on the court and doesn’t hear the noise anyways. But he never misses Doc Rivers calling for him to get in the game.
‘You can always hear him – ‘Baby! Baby!’’ Davis said, channeling an impression of his coach. ‘He’s loud, so I can hear him. I’m always looking at him anyways because he’s always standing up that way because the game’s that way.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...