Daniels active for Game 2
|06.06.10 at 7:44 pm ET|
LOS ANGELES — Marquis Daniels will be active for Game 2 of the NBA finals. He has not played since suffering a concussion in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
“I’m just going to go out there and play head first, go hard,” he said prior to the game.
Daniels participated in his first full practice since the injury on Saturday. He was not limited in contact and ran into Kendrick Perkins on a few pick-and-rolls.
Daniels hopes to bring energy off the bench and will not let the memories of the concussion hold him back. He said he would “go out there and get nasty and dirty” if he name is called.
As for any lingering side effects, Daniels has not experienced any so far. But he is prepared just in case. He took a note from Glen Davis, who battled through noise sensitivity after suffering a concussion, and has a pair of yellow ear plugs on hand in his locker.
- Doc, Defesne, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses