Rivers delivers critical last remarks to Celtics
|06.06.10 at 7:54 pm ET|
LOS ANGELES — Doc Rivers’ parting words to the Celtics during their team meeting on Sunday were simple but critical.
“He said rebounding is the key,” Kendrick Perkins told WEEI.com prior to Game 2 of the NBA finals. “Those were his last remarks, that rebounding was the key.”
The Celtics were outrebounded 42-31 by the Lakers in their Game 1 loss. Not only did they lack aggressiveness on the glass, they let the Lakers drive the lane and get into the paint with ease.
Neither can happen in Game 2 if they want to go back to Boston with a win.
“I think we’ve got to control dribble penetration,” said Perkins. “All five guys have got to attack the basket and we’ll be alright.”
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'