Rivers delivers critical last remarks to Celtics
|06.06.10 at 7:54 pm ET|
LOS ANGELES — Doc Rivers’ parting words to the Celtics during their team meeting on Sunday were simple but critical.
“He said rebounding is the key,” Kendrick Perkins told WEEI.com prior to Game 2 of the NBA finals. “Those were his last remarks, that rebounding was the key.”
The Celtics were outrebounded 42-31 by the Lakers in their Game 1 loss. Not only did they lack aggressiveness on the glass, they let the Lakers drive the lane and get into the paint with ease.
Neither can happen in Game 2 if they want to go back to Boston with a win.
“I think we’ve got to control dribble penetration,” said Perkins. “All five guys have got to attack the basket and we’ll be alright.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Rondo Is Perfect Fit for Stevens' Offense
- Should Boston Celtics Strike Now on a Jeff Green Trade?
- C's 'Rising Stars' Legit Building Blocks?
- Will Rondo's Resurgence Force C's to Consider Trade?
- The Deadline Deal Celtics Must Make
- Latest Celtics Trade Rumors, Updates
- Teams That Should Be Asking About Humphries