|Kevin Garnett’s odd night||06.07.10 at 2:20 am ET|
LOS ANGELES — All eyes were on Kevin Garnett after he was thoroughly outplayed by Pau Gasol in Game 1 and some comments from Gasol were taken out of context and became a dominant storyline heading into Game 2.
How would Garnett react? Could he handle Gasol? Would we see a vintage Garnett performance? In the end, none of those questions were answered definitively because Garnett spent the entire night in foul trouble.
Garnett played less than 12 minutes in the first three quarters and scored only two points to go with two rebounds.
“Obviously I would have liked to be in a better flow,” Garnett said. “But fouls, it goes like that.”
Despite his struggles to stay on the court, Garnett turned in a solid fourth quarter. He only had four points and two rebounds, but his one made basket came with the Celtics up one, 91-90. Additionally, Gasol scored only one point and Garnett set a number of screens that opened lanes for Rajon Rondo to drive to the basket.
Garnett did little to answer his critics in Game 2, but he did enough to help his team get a win.
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout
- Danny and Doc had a Splittsville On Ubuntu!!!!
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/18
- What is Value?