Celtics happy to be home
|06.08.10 at 9:30 pm ET|
The last time the Celtics played an NBA finals game at TD Garden was June 17, 2008.
The finals have returned to Boston almost exactly two years later on June 8, 2010, and the Celtics could not be happier to be playing at home.
“It feels good to be back home for a few games,” Kendrick Perkins said prior to Game 3. “I think it’s the finals, Boston-Lakers rivalry, just to see how the fans are going to be. I know there’s going to be a lot of energy in the building so it feels good just to be back home.”
Even though the Celtics were 24-17 at home during the regular season, a drastic drop from their 35-6 records in the prior two seasons, they have reclaimed their turf during the playoffs. The C’s have clinched the previous three series at home.
“[We’re] back home,” said Tony Allen. “Time to take care of business.”
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...
- Paul Pierce practices, might play tomorrow against Celtics
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73