Celtics happy to be home
|06.08.10 at 9:30 pm ET|
The finals have returned to Boston almost exactly two years later on June 8, 2010, and the Celtics could not be happier to be playing at home.
‘It feels good to be back home for a few games,’ Kendrick Perkins said prior to Game 3. ‘I think it’s the finals, Boston-Lakers rivalry, just to see how the fans are going to be. I know there’s going to be a lot of energy in the building so it feels good just to be back home.’
Even though the Celtics were 24-17 at home during the regular season, a drastic drop from their 35-6 records in the prior two seasons, they have reclaimed their turf during the playoffs. The C’s have clinched the previous three series at home.
‘[We’re] back home,’ said Tony Allen. ‘Time to take care of business.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?