Update: NH man walks to NYC from Boston, will sit courtside for Games 3, 4 and 5
|06.08.10 at 12:15 pm ET|
After a nearly week-long, 200-mile journey that sent him from the TD Garden in Boston to New York City on foot, Tyler McGill will finally be able to sit Tuesday night in his courtside seats to Game 3 of the NBA finals after completing the challenge set forth by friends in exchange for the exclusive tickets to all three championship games at the Garden.
McGill, a native of Rye, N.H., finished the epic quest when he finally reached the Big Apple Tuesday morning and said, despite some intense chaffing and several sock changes, he would do all it over again if given the chance.
‘Come on dude, what would you do for Celts tickets? I would have walked even further,’ McGill said.
Now that he’s won his chance to see the game, expect McGill to make the most of it.
‘I’m going to be in Shannon Brown‘s head all day. I’m going to be riding Kobe [Bryant] like a pony out there,’ McGill said. ‘The Celts are going to have an extra man on the court with them at all times.’
For fans both in the Garden and watching on television, look for McGill in a reflective police vest that he picked up from Sherborn police en route to New York as well as a bright neon green Summer Sessions Surf Shop shirt from the store he and his brother own in the Granite State. He says his seats will be at center court across from the benches.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason