The other Kendrick Perkins
|06.09.10 at 11:13 pm ET|
Kendrick Perkins thought the only other person who shared the same name was his son.
He was surprised to discover there was another Kendrick Perkins out there … and he had been drafted by the Red Sox.
“No they didn’t,” he said when told of the Red Sox pick. “They did for real?”
Earlier this week, the Red Sox selected the outfielder from La Porte High School (TX) in the sixth round of the 2010 First-Year Player Draft. La Porte is located just 75 miles from Beaumont, home of the Celtics big man.
But there are more differences that separate the two than the hour-plus drive. At 6’10, 280 pounds, the elder Perkins towers over the younger Perkins, who is listed at 6’2, 225 pounds. According to Baseball Beginnings, Perkins possesses above average speed and is an aggressive base runner, another contrast to the center.
“They got another Kendrick Perkins?” he asked. “I thought I was the only one. That’s cool though.”
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/6
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...