More need for Sheed
|06.10.10 at 8:42 pm ET|
Wallace would have played more in the first two games in Los Angeles when he scored 16 points and had 11 rebounds, but he been battling a back injury. He also has had to sit out practice and Doc Rivers said that was as big a factor as his back.
“It’s not as much as his back anymore,” Rivers said prior to Game 4 of the NBA finals. “It’s his conditioning. The two weeks or three weeks of literally just playing in games , they catch up to you conditioning-wise.”
Rivers said that Wallace has been able to run more on off days and that he should be able to play more in Game 4. “We anticipate playing him a little bit more tonight for sure.”
Wallace looked physically pained as he tried to get up and down the court in Game 3, and his shot was way off. The Celtics could use his height because he has caused Gasol problems when he’s been in there. Glen Davis has also played well off the bench, but his lack of height has hurt the Celtics at times on the boards.
“He’s feeling a lot better today,” Rivers said. “We can’t worry about it anyway.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?