Kobe credits Celtics defense
|06.11.10 at 2:20 am ET|
Paul Pierce wouldn’t budge on the effectiveness of Ron Artest‘s defense. Kobe Bryant, though, was more generous with his praise after the Celtics Game 4 victory.
After shooting 10-for-22 for the second time this series, Bryant admitted the Celtics are doing their job on defense.
“They’re a great scheming team,” he said following the Celtics’ 96-89 win. “They have a strategy in place and they execute extremely well. I feel pretty comfortable. Wasn’t pleased with the way I took care of the ball tonight. I thought I did a horrible job of that. But it’s a great defense.”
The Celtics forced seven turnovers on Bryant, the most he committed since May 4 against the Jazz. He entered the game averaging just over three per game.
After the Lakers loss, Bryant denied questions of a tweaked knee or any type of exhaustion. The Celtics defense was simply effective.
Said Bryant, “Oh, it’s right up there with the best of them.”
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...
- Boston Celtics respond with a win, beat Milwaukee Bucks, 108-100