LA Times: McHale in running for Clippers job
|06.24.10 at 10:40 am ET|
While Kevin McHale has been mentioned as a possible successor to Doc Rivers should the Celtics coach elect to take some time off, The Los Angeles Times reported that the Hall of Fame big man is one of the names being considered to lead the Clippers.
Here’s what the Times story had to say:
According to league sources who were not authorized to speak publicly, the Clippers are interested in Dallas assistant coach Dwane Casey, former Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro, former Atlanta coach Mike Woodson, former Minnesota executive and Hall of Famer Kevin McHale, and possibly ESPN’s Mark Jackson, who played for the Clippers, and Utah assistant Tyrone Corbin.
McHale, who coached the Timberwolves twice on an interim basis, had informal discussions with the Bulls before they filled their coaching vacancy, and was believed to have interviewed with the Cavaliers.
Del Negro is coming off back-to-back playoff appearances in Chicago, and Woodson the same with the Hawks. Casey was a finalist for the Hawks job recently filled by Larry Drew. More important, he has head-coaching experience in the NBA, having been at Minnesota for a season and a half, and incidentally, followed McHale on one of the interim periods.
- Should the Boston Celtics Still be Tanking?
- Kris Humphries Seizing the Moment, Leads Boston Celtics past Denver...
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/6
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?