Rivers on Sheed: I think it’s over
|06.24.10 at 11:57 pm ET|
“I don’t think he’s going to change his mind,” Rivers said. “Rasheed had told me three days before the last game that he was pretty sure this was it. The night before he called and said hey I’m going to give it everything I’ve got because this is my last time playing. He was pretty definite. But again, it was very emotional so you never know. I think it is over.”
There are still procedural issues that will need to be clarified regarding the remaining two years on his contract and what that will mean in terms of potential cap and luxury tax relief, but for now it seems that we have seen the last of Wallace in a Celtics uniform.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?