Rivers on Sheed: I think it’s over
|06.24.10 at 11:57 pm ET|
Word spread around the league on draft night that Rasheed Wallace is going to retire. While it’s still not official, Doc Rivers said that he thinks it will be soon.
“I don’t think he’s going to change his mind,” Rivers said. “Rasheed had told me three days before the last game that he was pretty sure this was it. The night before he called and said hey I’m going to give it everything I’ve got because this is my last time playing. He was pretty definite. But again, it was very emotional so you never know. I think it is over.”
There are still procedural issues that will need to be clarified regarding the remaining two years on his contract and what that will mean in terms of potential cap and luxury tax relief, but for now it seems that we have seen the last of Wallace in a Celtics uniform.
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden