Report: Perkins may have torn ACL
|06.25.10 at 2:51 pm ET|
Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said center Kendrick Perkins may have torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during Game 6 of the NBA finals, according to a Boston Herald report. It was initially believed that Perkins tore the medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments, but the extent of the damage won’t be known for sure until Dr. Brian McKeon performs the surgery. That surgery originally was scheduled for Friday but was pushed back to allow the swelling to subside.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason