Report: Perkins may have torn ACL
|06.25.10 at 2:51 pm ET|
Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said center Kendrick Perkins may have torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during Game 6 of the NBA finals, according to a Boston Herald report. It was initially believed that Perkins tore the medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments, but the extent of the damage won’t be known for sure until Dr. Brian McKeon performs the surgery. That surgery originally was scheduled for Friday but was pushed back to allow the swelling to subside.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...