Report: Celtics targeting Miller
|06.27.10 at 11:04 pm ET|
The Celtics are targeting unrestricted free agent Brad Miller, Yahoo! Sports reported.
The C’s are in need of a big man this summer after the future of their front court was left in question at the end of the season. It is unknown when Kendrick Perkins, who suffered a knee injury in Game 6 of the NBA finals, will be able to play again. Last week Danny Ainge told the Boston Herald Perkins may have suffered an ACL tear, and more will be known after his surgery. The retirement of Rasheed Wallace also leaves a void down low.
At seven feet tall, Miller’s size and veteran experience could be a fit on the Celtics. He is entering his 13th season with proven minutes behind him on the court. Miller appeared in all 82 regular season games for the Bulls last season and started in 37. He averaged 10.1 points and 5.7 rebounds as a starter.
Yahoo! says Miller and Ray Allen will be the top free agent priorities for the Celtics this summer. According to report:
The Celtics have their midlevel exception available to sign the 34-year-old Miller, who has the versatility to play the power forward and center positions. Several contenders are expected to pursue Miller, but sources say the chance to play for the defending Eastern Conference champions has significant appeal to him.
The two-time All-Star also has eight seasons of playoff experience. His most memorable postseason moment among Celtics fans came during the first round of the 2009 playoffs. Miller was fouled by Rajon Rondo late in Game 5 and missed a pair of potential game-tying free throws with two seconds left in overtime. The Celtics went on to win the game, and the hard foul between Miller and Rondo exemplified the intensity of the series.
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...