Source: Celtics first to contact Lee
|07.01.10 at 11:54 pm ET|
Jeff Goodman of WEEI.com and FoxSports.com has learned from a source familiar with the situation that Celtics general manager Danny Ainge was first to contact free agent forward David Lee once the NBA free agency began after midnight Wednesday night. The 6-foot-9 Lee, 27, played in all 81 regular season games for the New York Knicks last season, averaging 20.2 points and 11.7 rebounds per game. It was Lee’s best season, having averaged 13 points and 9.6 rebounds per contest throughout his five-year pro career. He has played in 81 games in each of the last three seasons. For more see the Celtics team page by going to weei.com/celtics.
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/7
- State of the Celtics: Is this team too talented to get a high draft pick?
- Should the Boston Celtics Still be Tanking?
- Kris Humphries Seizing the Moment, Leads Boston Celtics past Denver...
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98