Source: Celtics first to contact Lee
|07.01.10 at 11:54 pm ET|
Jeff Goodman of WEEI.com and FoxSports.com has learned from a source familiar with the situation that Celtics general manager Danny Ainge was first to contact free agent forward David Lee once the NBA free agency began after midnight Wednesday night. The 6-foot-9 Lee, 27, played in all 81 regular season games for the New York Knicks last season, averaging 20.2 points and 11.7 rebounds per game. It was Lee’s best season, having averaged 13 points and 9.6 rebounds per contest throughout his five-year pro career. He has played in 81 games in each of the last three seasons. For more see the Celtics team page by going to weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason