Report: Celtics eye Barbosa, Fernandez
|07.04.10 at 9:08 am ET|
According to a report in The Boston Herald, the Celtics are looking at trades that could bring them either Phoenix’ Leandro Barbosa or Rudy Fernandez of Portland. The report states that the Celts would most likely use Rasheed Wallace‘s contract to secure Barbosa, a 27-year-old swingman who will make $7.1 million in 2010-11 after averaging 9.5 points in 17.9 minutes per game for the Suns last season. Fernandez is a 6-foot-6 shooter who averaged 8.1 minutes and 1.0 assists in 23.2 minutes for the Trail Blazers in ’09-10. He is due to make $1,246,680 in the coming season, and has a team option of $2,180,443 for ’11-12.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason