Rumors: Knicks hear offers for Lee
|07.05.10 at 9:04 am ET|
If the Celtics are interested in Knicks forward David Lee ‘ reportedly, they contacted him on Thursday, the first day free agents could be courted ‘ they might want to act quickly. The New York Post is reporting that the Knicks have been offered Warriors guard Monta Ellis and Timberwolves big man Al Jefferson in separate sign-and-trade scenarios, and there is some speculation of a three-way trade, sending Lee to Minnesota, Jefferson to Golden State and Ellis to New York.
Lee met with the Timberwolves for nine hours on Saturday, after conferring with the Bulls and Heat the day before. The 2010 All-Star becomes expendable in New York assuming the Knicks are able to lure Amare’ Stoudemire to Madison Square Garden. Stoudemire spent Sunday in New York, capping his day there with a party at the home of Knicks owner James Dolan.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?