|Report: Could Shaq fit in Boston?||07.06.10 at 1:03 am ET|
According to a report on ESPN.com, which cited league sources, the Celtics have expressed interest in center Shaquille O’Neal. With the C’s already over the salary cap, they could offer no more than the $5.8 million per year mid-level exception. According to the report, O’Neal would be intrigued by the idea of playing for Celtics coach Doc Rivers and with forward Kevin Garnett.
With Kendrick Perkins sidelined for part of the 2010-11 season following surgery to repair his torn ACL, the Celtics are looking for help at center. O’Neal averaged 12.0 points and 6.7 rebounds a game while playing 23 minutes a night for the Cavaliers in 2009-10.
The report said that O’Neal has also encountered mutual interest with the Hawks and Mavericks, and that if LeBron James returns to Cleveland, he would consider a return to the Cavs. O’Neal, 38, has played for the Magic, Lakers, Heat, Suns and Cavs in his career.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot
- Celtics may be looking to move up in NBA draft