|Magic GM Smith: ‘Surprised’ if LeBron leaves Cleveland||07.08.10 at 2:19 pm ET|
ORLANDO, Fla. — I just spoke to Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith after a press conference announcing the signing of Chris Duhon. Smith was impressed by the Celtics’ ability to keep the core together and add Jermaine O’Neal.
“They did a great job,” Smith said. “To sign Paul [Pierce] and Ray [Allen] and add a piece like Jermaine O’Neal? They are going to be tough again next year.”
Smith, who wouldn’t comment on the status of free agent J.J. Redick, was asked about LeBron James. If James signs with the Heat, would it signal a shift of power in the Eastern Conference?
“I still think you have to put teams together,” Smith said. “That’s it. If all three of those guys go to Miami, that’s a very good team. But three guys don’t give you anything, you need a team. It gives them a chance to win a title, but doesn’t guarantee anything.”
Does Smith think James will end up in Miami?
“I would be surprised.”
Does he think he’ll end up in Cleveland?
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot