NBA roundup: Beasley, Miller, Lee reportedly on move
|07.09.10 at 7:12 am ET|
According to multiple reports, the Heat were able to rid themselves of Michael Beasley when they agreed to send the 2008 No. 2 overall pick to the Timberwolves for a second-round pick and an exchange of first-round selections.
By virtually giving away Beasley, the Heat clear up more cap space so that they can complete the signings of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James, as well as lure some other players to fill out the roster. Wizards sharpshooter Mike Miller reportedly is high on Miami’s list, and a report from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel Friday morning indicate Miller is poised to sign a five-year, $30 million deal with the Heat.
The Clippers signed two free agents: forward Ryan Gomes and guard Randy Foye. Celtics fans remember Gomes, the Providence College product who was traded to the Timberwolves as part of the Kevin Garnett deal in 2007. Foye played last season in Washington after playing his first three years in Minnesota.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?