Janning receives training camp invite
|07.10.10 at 8:46 pm ET|
LAS VEGAS — After a brief but impressive stint with the Celtics at Orlando Summer League, Matt Janning has received an invite to be part of their training camp roster this fall, he told WEEI.com.
‘They’ve invited me,’ he said. ‘I’ve got to sit down and kind of think about what’s the best opportunity for me.’
Janning, a guard, averaged 11.5 points and shot 9-for-18 in just two games for the Celtics. Although Danny Ainge asked him to stay with the team for the duration of the week, Janning had to leave Orlando early to fulfill a previous commitment with the Suns at the Las Vegas Summer League.
Even though he will consider all of his options this summer, the chance to play for the Celtics is special to the Northeastern alum.
‘A lot of my friends are like, ‘You’re playing with the Celtics, that’s awesome.’ And it really is,’ he said. ‘I’ve been in Boston the last four years, a little more than that now, watched games down at the Garden, and I’ve seen those guys play, so it’s real nice knowing that I’m close to getting a chance to be part of all that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...