Janning receives training camp invite
|07.10.10 at 8:46 pm ET|
LAS VEGAS — After a brief but impressive stint with the Celtics at Orlando Summer League, Matt Janning has received an invite to be part of their training camp roster this fall, he told WEEI.com.
‘They’ve invited me,’ he said. ‘I’ve got to sit down and kind of think about what’s the best opportunity for me.’
Janning, a guard, averaged 11.5 points and shot 9-for-18 in just two games for the Celtics. Although Danny Ainge asked him to stay with the team for the duration of the week, Janning had to leave Orlando early to fulfill a previous commitment with the Suns at the Las Vegas Summer League.
Even though he will consider all of his options this summer, the chance to play for the Celtics is special to the Northeastern alum.
‘A lot of my friends are like, ‘You’re playing with the Celtics, that’s awesome.’ And it really is,’ he said. ‘I’ve been in Boston the last four years, a little more than that now, watched games down at the Garden, and I’ve seen those guys play, so it’s real nice knowing that I’m close to getting a chance to be part of all that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?