Janning receives training camp invite
|07.10.10 at 8:46 pm ET|
LAS VEGAS — After a brief but impressive stint with the Celtics at Orlando Summer League, Matt Janning has received an invite to be part of their training camp roster this fall, he told WEEI.com.
‘They’ve invited me,’ he said. ‘I’ve got to sit down and kind of think about what’s the best opportunity for me.’
Janning, a guard, averaged 11.5 points and shot 9-for-18 in just two games for the Celtics. Although Danny Ainge asked him to stay with the team for the duration of the week, Janning had to leave Orlando early to fulfill a previous commitment with the Suns at the Las Vegas Summer League.
Even though he will consider all of his options this summer, the chance to play for the Celtics is special to the Northeastern alum.
‘A lot of my friends are like, ‘You’re playing with the Celtics, that’s awesome.’ And it really is,’ he said. ‘I’ve been in Boston the last four years, a little more than that now, watched games down at the Garden, and I’ve seen those guys play, so it’s real nice knowing that I’m close to getting a chance to be part of all that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason