Report: Celtics have ‘serious interest’ in Howard
|07.12.10 at 7:34 am ET|
An All-Star with Dallas in 2007, Howard tore the ACL in his left knee as a member of the Wizards in March 2010. He was projected to out of action from six to eight months but told Yahoo! that he was ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation process and expects to be ready by the start of the regular season.
Howard averaged 12.7 points and 3.6 rebounds in 26.2 minutes per game last season.
The Celtics would most likely need a sign-and-trade deal to acquire Howard, already having used their mid-level execption on Jermaine O’Neal. It’s possible they could move Rasheed Wallace’s contract in a deal to land Howard.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?