Report: Celtics have ‘serious interest’ in Howard
|07.12.10 at 7:34 am ET|
An All-Star with Dallas in 2007, Howard tore the ACL in his left knee as a member of the Wizards in March 2010. He was projected to out of action from six to eight months but told Yahoo! that he was ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation process and expects to be ready by the start of the regular season.
Howard averaged 12.7 points and 3.6 rebounds in 26.2 minutes per game last season.
The Celtics would most likely need a sign-and-trade deal to acquire Howard, already having used their mid-level execption on Jermaine O’Neal. It’s possible they could move Rasheed Wallace’s contract in a deal to land Howard.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason