|Report: Celtics have ‘serious interest’ in Howard||07.12.10 at 7:34 am ET|
According to a report by Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, a league source has indicated that the Celtics have shown “serious interest” in free-agent forward Josh Howard.
An All-Star with Dallas in 2007, Howard tore the ACL in his left knee as a member of the Wizards in March 2010. He was projected to out of action from six to eight months but told Yahoo! that he was ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation process and expects to be ready by the start of the regular season.
Howard averaged 12.7 points and 3.6 rebounds in 26.2 minutes per game last season.
The Celtics would most likely need a sign-and-trade deal to acquire Howard, already having used their mid-level execption on Jermaine O’Neal. It’s possible they could move Rasheed Wallace’s contract in a deal to land Howard.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot
- Celtics may be looking to move up in NBA draft