Report: Kwame Brown not expected to sign with C’s
|07.12.10 at 11:17 am ET|
The Celtics will need to continue their pursuit of a frontcourt player for the bench as CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely is reporting that free agent target Kwame Brown will most likely take his services elsewhere next season. The biggest concern appears to be money as the C’s can’t offer anything over the veteran’s minimum to Brown, who averaged just 3.3 points and 3.7 rebounds per game while earning $4 million last season as a member of the Pistons. He has been considered one of the biggest busts in NBA draft history after being selected first in the 2001 draft by the Wizards and averaging double digits in points in just one of his nine NBA seasons, but he impressed Doc Rivers at a recent workout, leading Rivers to say, “I wouldn’t mind having him on our team, I can tell you that. He could help us.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?