Tony Allen’s mom: ‘I’m sure he hates to leave’
|07.12.10 at 9:22 am ET|
After the news came out that Tony Allen would be signing a free agent deal with Memphis, Allen’s mother, Ella Allen, told the Boston Herald, “He is definitely going to miss the Celtics — it’s a great team with great people. I know he is going to miss his friends. He really liked those guys. I’m sure he hates to leave.” She also explained in the article that she believed her son would stay in Boston, adding, “I am very surprised, but my son makes his own decisions, and I support him 100 percent.” But she did recognize the business side of the signing when she told the Herald, “They raised him. But sometimes change is good. It’s a business, and he just had to do what he had to do.”
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4