Morrow off table after sign-and-trade with Nets
|07.14.10 at 9:23 am ET|
You can erase another name off the Celtics‘ list of free agent targets this offseason after Anthony Morrow agreed to a sign-and-trade deal that would send him from the Warriors to the Nets for New Jersey’s second-round pick in 2011. Earlier this month, reports had emerged that the C’s were looking at adding Morrow as a sharpshooter off the bench. He led the NBA in 3-point field goal percentage as a rookie in 2008-09 at 46.7 percent.
Morrow, who signed as an undrafted free agent out of Georgia Tech in 2008, averaged 13.0 points per game for Golden State last season, up from his 10.1 the season before. Instead of Morrow, the Celtics may have to get their shooting off the bench from old friend Nate Robinson as they reportedly are closing in on a deal to bring him back to Boston.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason