Report: Daniels re-signs with Celtics
|07.22.10 at 10:10 pm ET|
According to multiple reports, Marquis Daniels has agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million with the Celtics.
On Thursday night Daniels (@marquis_daniels) tweeted, “Let’s try this again #celticnation I’m happy to be back.”
Daniels averaged 5.6 points and 1.9 rebounds last season. He was sidelined for 27 games by a thumb injury and appeared in just 51 games during the regular season. Daniels also suffered a concussion during the Eastern Conference finals.
A healthy Daniels fills the Celtics need for a perimeter defender. The C’s were left with a hole in their second unit after Tony Allen signed with the Grizzlies and Daniels was still on the market.
In spite of his limited role on the Celtics, Daniels had expressed an interest in returning to Boston last season.
“The locker room is great, it’s a great atmosphere, the coaching staff, everything is good,” he previously told WEEI.com. “So it’s something that I’d like to be part of. Hopefully it will work out. If not, then I have to deal with everything that happens.”
Click here to read what else Daniels does during the offseason when he’s not playing basketball.
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9