Celtics to face Heat in opener
|08.03.10 at 7:27 pm ET|
The NBA unveiled the schedule for their three marquee dates and all of them feature the Celtics.
The Celtics will open the NBA season with a home game against the Miami Heat on October 26 at 7:30 p.m. on TNT in a game that will be hyped as the New Big Three vs. The Old Big Three. Beyond that, the Celtics will get the first crack at what should be their toughest challenge in defending their Eastern Conference crown.
The second half of the opening night doubleheader will have the Rockets playing the Lakers in Los Angeles.
Like last season, the Celtics will be in Orlando on Christmas Day at 2:30 p.m. for a rematch of last season’s conference championship series. The Heat and Lakers will occupy the prime Christmas Day spot at 5 p.m.
The Magic will be in Boston on Martin Luther King Day, Jan. 17 with an 8 p.m. game at the Garden.
NBA.com has a full list of the opening week, Christmas and MLK games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?