Report: Ex-Celtic Green to return to Russia
|08.03.10 at 10:17 pm ET|
After attempting to get back in the NBA with the Lakers Summer League squad, Gerald Green is returning to Russia next season to play for BC Krasnye Krylia, the Hoops Market reported from the team’s official website. He played for BC Lokomotiv last season.
WEEI.com recently caught up with Green at the Las Vegas Summer League where he reflected on missed opportunities in the NBA and admitted he was humbled by his first international experience. He also believed he could still compete in the league and was determined to prove it.
‘Me going overseas, that right there was the worst I think I ever felt. I never would have thought that I ever would have been overseas,’ the 24-year-old said. ‘But going to Russia has humbled me and made me become a man, instead of a little boy that I used to be. ‘¦ I think I’ve actually grown up from it, and I think that’s what I needed. I needed to grow up.’
Green had hoped to stick with a team this summer but said that he would play again in Russia if that’s what it took to eventually return to the NBA. He last played in the NBA during the 2008-09 as a member of the Rockets.
Green was drafted by the Celtics with the 18th pick in the 2005 draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?