Shaq reportedly will sign two-year deal with C’s
|08.04.10 at 9:58 am ET|
According to multiple reports, Shaquille O’Neal will sign a two-year deal with the Celtics. He will make the veteran’s minimum of $1.4 million next season. By comparison, O’Neal made $20 million last season as a member of the Cavaliers. Rumors have been swirled that O’Neal was in discussions with the Celtics, but no details about a contract had emerged, other than O’Neal telling Jimmy Kimmel that he wanted to play for two more years in the NBA. The Celtics were limited to offering the veteran’s minimum unless they orchestrated a sign-and-trade with Cleveland.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?