House: Heat will be ‘Boston on steroids’
|08.22.10 at 10:27 pm ET|
“That stung a little bit,” House said. “When you feel like you’re a main part of what the team is doing and you’re on a mission, to get the rug pulled out from under you and get sent to a team that has no shot … that kind of hurt.”
The guard said that even though Celtics coach Doc Rivers told him the trade to New York for Nate Robinson was likely to happen on the morning of Feb. 18, House still insisted on practicing with the team just in case there was a glitch in the last-minute paperwork.
House, who signed a two-year deal worth $2.8 with the Heat this offseason, noted that what awaits the dynamic with Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, and LeBron James all playing together in Miami dwarfs even what the Celtics experienced heading into the 2007-08 season.
“I compare it to the year I went to Boston when the Big 3 got together in 2007,” House said. “But this is going to be even bigger. This is going to be Boston on steroids.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?