Artest: ‘Doc got one million excuses’
|08.31.10 at 1:03 am ET|
On his Twitter page, Lakers forward Ron Artest took issue with suggestions that his team’s triumph over the Celtics in seven games was impacted by the absence of Boston center Kendrick Perkins in the decisive Game 7 after the 7-footer blew out his knee in the previous contest.
Artest seemingly took issue with Celtics coach Doc Rivers‘ contention that the Celtics have never had the opportunity to defend the 2007-08 title with the same core group at full health, noting that the Lakers have been without Andrew Bynum in their title runs.
“Boston lost to lakers because of [the] Kendrick Perkins injury. What about in  when Bynum was injured. What about this year Bynum was injured,” Artest wrote in three consecutive tweets. “What about Kobe played with a broke finger …. What about Ron [Artest's] defense [w]hen the Boston staff said Ron [A]rtest was too slow. … Doc got one million excuses.”
- Should the Boston Celtics Still be Tanking?
- Kris Humphries Seizing the Moment, Leads Boston Celtics past Denver...
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/6
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?