Shaq turned down more money for C’s
|09.09.10 at 9:39 am ET|
Shaquille O’Neal really wanted to sign with the Celtics. He told John Reid of the New Orleans Picayune that he could have signed higher offers from either the Pistons or the Hawks to join the C’s.
“A lot of people said I only got the league minimum salary,” O’Neal said. “But that’s all right. I’m the luckiest guy in the world. I’ve had four max contracts in one lifetime, I don’t care about that little million. Did I want $10 million? I’m always going to put the number high. I could have gotten $8 million from Atlanta and Detroit, but it wasn’t about that. It was about being somewhere and being seen and winning.”
Shaq also said that his two-year deal with the Celtics would be his last in the NBA.
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/6
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...