Celtics looking at McCants and Morrison
|09.15.10 at 1:24 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Two former college stars are in Waltham this week, working out with the Celtics, a source familiar with the team told WEEI.com.
Former North Carolina star Rashad McCants and Gonzaga standout Adam Morrison are in town this week working out for the Celtics. Morrison worked out on Tuesday and had a second session scheduled for Wednesday. The third overall pick in the 2006 draft by the Bobcats, Morrison spent 2½ seasons in Charlotte ‘ missing one season with a knee injury ‘ before being traded to the Lakers, where he played limited minutes while his team won two NBA titles.
McCants starred on the 2005 Tar Heels team that captured the NCAA title and played with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Sacramento Kings and was involved with reality TV star Khloe Kardashian before she met and married Lamar Odom.
Yahoo! Sports reported that the Celtics are set to hire Nets assistant Roy Rogers to coach the big men. He would replace Clifford Ray. Rogers briefly played for the Celtics during his three seasons in the NBA in the late 1990s.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?