|Report: Smith ‘blessed’ by Celtics training camp invite||09.18.10 at 5:09 pm ET|
Jamar Smith considers himself “blessed beyond belief” to be invited to the Celtics training camp, he told the Evansville Courier & Press. Smith, a shooting guard, shared his excitement about getting the call to come to Boston:
“I’ve been working out like crazy,” said the former University of Southern Indiana star and Division II Player of the Year.
By “crazy,” he means several hours per day on the University of Illinois campus in Champaign, sometimes with members of the Illini basketball team and coach Bruce Weber, who originally signed Smith.
Now Smith has a chance to fulfill a dream. But sometimes that chance seems to be a dream.
“When my agent told me (about the Celtics’ invitation), I was, ‘Are you serious?’ ” said Smith. “Now I’m in the gym two or three times a day. My dad called me and asked, ‘Are you working hard?’ When I said I was, he said, ‘Well, you have to work harder.’ “
Smith averaged 21.6 points per game last season at USI.
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot
- Celtics may be looking to move up in NBA draft
- Stephen A. Smith back with more Doc Rivers rumors