Paul Pierce gets high school jersey retired
|09.22.10 at 9:44 pm ET|
Paul Pierce had his high school jersey retired in his hometown of Inglewood Tuesday. Pierce was a McDonald’s All-American at Inglewood High before going on to star at Kansas. He’s the second Celtic player to be given this honor this month as Nate Robinson also had his jersey retired at Rainier Beach in Seattle.
Pierce was asked about playing with Shaquille O’Neal, naturally, and he responded, “He’s one of my all-time favorite players, and now I have a chance to play with one of the greatest players to ever play the game.”
Seems like you can say that about half the roster.
Anyway, here’s video of him talking to reporters after the event:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...