Celtics’ top pick Avery Bradley won’t be ready for start of camp
|09.23.10 at 12:41 pm ET|
QUINCY — Speaking prior to his team’s kickoff golf tournament, Celtics‘ general manager Danny Ainge said that the team’s No. 1 pick, guard Avery Bradley, will miss the beginning of training camp, which begins Monday. Ainge surmised that Bradley — who underwent surgery on left ankle in the offseason — is still “a couple of weeks away, at least.”
The GM added, “We’re certainly not going to rush him.” The Celtics were aware of the ankle injury prior to drafting Bradley, who suffered the ailment while going through a pre-draft workout with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
For more Celtics news see the team page at weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...