|Austin Rivers commits to Duke||09.30.10 at 12:16 pm ET|
Celtics coach Doc Rivers‘ son, Austin Rivers, the No. 1 high school basketball recruit in the Class of 2011, has committed to Duke University, according to ESPN.com.
“He picked Duke because of [Mike Krzyzewski] and his staff,” his high school coach, David Bailey, told the website. “There is a ton of tradition at Duke, and it was the best place for him from a basketball and academic standpoint.”
The 6-foot-4, 189-pound Rivers averaged 24.3 points and 4.3 rebounds per game for Winter Park (Fla.) High last season, capturing ESPN RISE National Junior Player of the Year honors.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/24
- Celtics deny Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers
- Wyc Grousbeck: "I don't know what will happen"
- Jared Sullinger on the comeback trail
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/23
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed