Celtics cut Tony Gaffney
|10.02.10 at 2:03 pm ET|
According to the Daily Hampshire Gazette, the Celtics have cut Tony Gaffney.
The former UMass star reportedly posted this on his Facebook page: “All good things must come to an end. It was a great time being w the celtics, it ended today. I appreciate all the love n support. You guys are the best. My agent is back to the drawing board and stirring up something. So when the next move is finalized you all will know. Thanks again everyone.”
The C’s have not yet formally announced the move. It would bring the roster down to 17 players, meaning Boston only has two cuts remaining. Of course, Gaffney could still land on the Maine Red Claws, the C’s NBA Development League affiliate.
Gaffney signed with the Celtics last season in April and received a non-guaranteed contract for the 2010-11 season. He was the last man cut by the Lakers prior to the 2009-10 season.
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/11
- Grantland's one-on-one interview with Brad Stevens: Steez, Ties, and Math
- Doc, Defense, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"