Celtics cut Tony Gaffney
|10.02.10 at 2:03 pm ET|
The former UMass star reportedly posted this on his Facebook page: “All good things must come to an end. It was a great time being w the celtics, it ended today. I appreciate all the love n support. You guys are the best. My agent is back to the drawing board and stirring up something. So when the next move is finalized you all will know. Thanks again everyone.”
The C’s have not yet formally announced the move. It would bring the roster down to 17 players, meaning Boston only has two cuts remaining. Of course, Gaffney could still land on the Maine Red Claws, the C’s NBA Development League affiliate.
Gaffney signed with the Celtics last season in April and received a non-guaranteed contract for the 2010-11 season. He was the last man cut by the Lakers prior to the 2009-10 season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason