Celtics cut Tony Gaffney
|10.02.10 at 2:03 pm ET|
The former UMass star reportedly posted this on his Facebook page: “All good things must come to an end. It was a great time being w the celtics, it ended today. I appreciate all the love n support. You guys are the best. My agent is back to the drawing board and stirring up something. So when the next move is finalized you all will know. Thanks again everyone.”
The C’s have not yet formally announced the move. It would bring the roster down to 17 players, meaning Boston only has two cuts remaining. Of course, Gaffney could still land on the Maine Red Claws, the C’s NBA Development League affiliate.
Gaffney signed with the Celtics last season in April and received a non-guaranteed contract for the 2010-11 season. He was the last man cut by the Lakers prior to the 2009-10 season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?