Doc Rivers doesn’t ‘get all the hatred’ toward Miami Heat
|10.16.10 at 9:35 pm ET|
HARTFORD — The questions will continue to come fast and furious as Oct. 26 approaches.
Celtics coach Doc Rivers understands the deal: The inquiries leading into his team’s season opener will be just part of the equation. Just as many questions will also center around the team the C’s are playing, the Miami Heat and their three faces of the franchise — LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and Dwayne Wade.
This time, just prior to the Celtics’ preseason tilt with the Knicks at the XL Center, Rivers was asked about the difference in people’s perception regarding the the Heat and the C’s.
“I don’t get all the hatred,” Rivers said. “I guess the press conference had a little bit to do wit that. We did it through trade, they did it through free agency, maybe that had a little bit to do with it. Whatever it is at the end of the day, when the games start the Miami fans are going to cheer for Miami, and the Boston fans are going to cheer for Boston. The Orlando fans are going to cheer for Orlando. We’ll see how it goes.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...